Introducing the cleanest and greenest smoothie of the 21st Century
(SO FAR AS WE KNOW, ANYWAY).
News just in: the science bigwigs have spoken. We should be having TEN, not five, servings of fruits and veggies a day*.
To make hitting double digits a little easier (because despite the free office satsumas, we still sometimes struggle), we asked nutritional super guru Amelia Freer – three-time author, renowned nutritional therapist and blogger, who has helped millions get their health groove on – to be so kind as to share with us her new hip, healthy, super green smoothie. Yum.
- 2 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds, plus 1 teaspoon syphoned away for the top
- 15g spinach
- 1 stick of celery, roughly chopped
- 5cm piece of cucumber, roughly chopped
- ¼ of an avocado, peeled -½ a large banana, peeled and frozen if possible
- 10 mint leaves, plus a couple for the top to garnish (a prettier drink is a tastier drink, right?)
- zest and juice of 1 lime -200ml coconut water or cold water
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth, adding a little more coconut water or cold water if necessary. Pour over ice, if you fancy, and top with a teaspoon of hemp seeds before serving.
For more clean and green tips, sign up to our Soaper Duper newsletter and don’t forget to pick up Amelia Freer’s new book: Nourish & Glow: The 10 Day Plan, for plenty more green recipes.